Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Obsession


When I was little, my mom decorated my room with every color of the pastel rainbow....EVERY color....then when I was in middle school I decorated my room with paper streamers and a string of ugly fish lights. One day my mom told me that we were going to give my room a "makeover." I did not get to decide on the wall color because mom had a can of green paint left over from my younger brother's room. So... I got to choose an accent color to accompany the green. I chose purple..... royal purple. My mom stenciled "medallions" on my walls. My freshman year in college I decided to "go with" the green and purple...plus....BLUE. I hadn't had blue in my zone since that pastel rainbow room....and even then it was not noteworthy compared to the pink. My roommate had a matching comforter...so our room was like a tiny, pastel Holiday Inn. My sophomore year in college I chose a saturated rainbow bedspread....weird huh? I always turned the comforter so that I could see the blue and green stripes the best....I committed to this bedspread for the rest of my years at SU and then in my three years at McAfee for seminary....but with one catch....or flip rather. The rainbow was looking "not so good" so I flipped it to the navy side. I bought green sheets to accompany it and VOILA! The obsession was born! 
I found this gorgeous lamp shade on a green lamp one fine day at HomeGoods in Buford, GA. I moved it to this brown lamp because I needed the lamp to share the love of its beauty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment